March 17, 2009

The calm after the storm.

This week is review week, with the book project finally done and dusted, all the graphics students can relax, at long last! It was especially galling last week having to sit and work in the stuffy studio when it was so nice out, but this week we are reaping the rewards for our hard work. The weather is brilliant and we have been at the beach everyday since the deadline (bar Sunday, I was too busy watching England slaughter the French and signing contracts etc.) so yes anyway, a really great few days.

Yesterday we went to Xen as our graphics-end-of-term-meal-type-thing which made a nice change to the increasingly stale tins of soup/beans etc that I am living on in an attempt to not do any shopping until I go home. All the guys surprised me with early birthday presents which was absolutely lovely, I appreciated it more than I could say, it was a great evening.

Birthday books; I am very happy with these, graphics books are so expensive, but so good. The YCN book was given to the students who the tutors felt had done best, or worked hardest, or whatever - and so for me to get one at the exhibition on Monday was really something, made all the hard work and near mental breakdown worth it. Everyone loves a bit of recognition.

Of course these guys know what I like, a baby Jack to go alongside my others. Yes, I am a closet alcoholic.

Anyway, the rest of the week is shaping up to be just as good; relaxation, beach, no work, sunny weather. What more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment